As a driver, you should be prepared for vehicle breakdowns or other unexpected situations. For safety, the service specialists at Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge recommend keeping the following items in your car.
1. Keep a disposable camera in the trunk. In case of an accident, it will help you document any damage. This is great for your insurance company and can really help out when identifying who is at fault.
2. First-aid kit. It will come in handy for treating minor cuts, bumps or bites. You can read more about things to pack for safety in the cool blogs on https://www.cars.com/. They will teach you what to pack and how to manage a messy car.
3. Charged cell phone. You might need to make a call if you are involved in an accident, your vehicle breaks down or you need directions. So, be sure to pack an extra charger with your first aid kit.
4. Be sure to keep an earpiece for your cell phone handy. This allows you to keep both hands on the steering wheel, and avoid accidents and road hazards.
5. Flares will help you alert passing drivers to your presence if you are stopped on the road. These are great to keep in the trunk of your car in the event of an emergency.
6. Always have a spare tire. Always have one available in case a tire needs to be replaced. Just remember ‘donuts’ cannot be driven over 30 miles per hour and for more than a day or two.
7. Keep a Toolbox. You might need tools for tasks such as changing a headlight lamp. Some newer model cars require a wrench or socket to get to the headlamp, so tools can come in handy.
8. A Map or Atlas Is Always Useful. Even if you know where you are going, you may run into a detour and need to find an alternate route.
9. The Driver’s manual should always be kept handy. This reference contains information on everything from dashboard warning signals to the kind of gasoline your vehicle requires.You’ll also want to keep detailed service records for when you decide to trade the car.
10. Water and snacks. They will be useful if you become stranded or are traveling with children or pets. Be sure the snacks are non-perishable and do not require refrigeration. Things like trail mix, granola bars, and protein bars are great snacks to keep in the car.Bottled water will stay fresh as long as it’s kept in the trunk in a cool dry Place. Bottled water that’s been left in the high heat is not suitable for drinking.
Be sure to have regular service and maintenance checkups by certified automotive experts to ensure your vehicle operates at its optimum level. You can find reputable service centers online when you visit cars.com. Cars.com offers you a comprehensive list and a price guarantee for you when you get your car serviced. For more information on all things cars you should check out Cars.com.…